Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to 5 Star Support a free computer help forum in association with 5starsupport.com. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Trouble Staying Connected to IE..., IE not working properly..
skyclad
Posted: Dec 4 2015, 06:37 PM

Senior-Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 388

Hello to my friends at 5Star...!
I seem to be having a problem with Internet Explorer.. It was no big deal in the beginning, but now this problem is occurring daily..
I'll simply be on a website reading an article, when all of a sudden I get a window announcing that IE has stopped working.. Then another window pops up saying that they are trying to find a solution to the problem.. Sometimes they do, sometimes not.. Wondering if you have any idea what's going on here and how to remedy..
I've been running daily scans on my Kaspersky AV, as well as regular scans with MBAM.. Nothing showing up with regard to those areas.. Also, I have installed no new programs lately that might cause an issue.. I'm at a loss as to what to check on next..........so thought I'd contact 5Star about this.. Hoping you guys have some ideas about what could be wrong...
Thanks in advance for any info or suggestions you might have....!
skyclad
Posted: Dec 11 2015, 06:04 PM

Senior-Member

Anybody there? Still having the same problem with IE.....:/
KenB
Posted: Dec 14 2015, 04:46 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi Skyclad

I am very sorry - I have completely missed this.
Are you still having problems ?

PM me if I fail to reply within 24 hours ...It seems I am not getting notifications of new posts sad.gif

--------------------
If you are browsing the forums and you are not a member - why not register ?
( It is totally free :) )

Register Here

If I have not replied within 24 hours feel free to send me a PM

=================
skyclad
Posted: Dec 20 2015, 02:48 PM

Senior-Member

Hello KenB..
No worries on the contact thing.. I too am not receiving email notices to responses to my question, so I guess we're on the same page right now....smile.gif
As a preface to all of this.......ultimately, this is not a serious problem, but an annoyance at this point.......although things seem to be evolving with further problems with IE..
I do still have those problems mentioned, along with a couple of new ones with IE.. Seems that I cannot save any new "favorites" on IE now, and also cannot save any pages either via AOL OR IE right now.. I have no idea what is happening.. Just one note however regarding the IE favorites issue.........I have a HUGE number of favs in IE right now, so wondering if there is a limit to it's capacity..
Anyway, just wanted to respond back.. Hoping you might have an idea what is going on... Thanks in advance for any response you might have....!
KenB
Posted: Dec 21 2015, 11:48 PM

Administrator

Hi,
I suggest that you run the System File Checker to verify and repair the system files.
IE is actually part of Windows.
If there are corrupt files then SFC should correct this.

I am not sure which OS you are using.
This explains it for Win8 - and also mentions Win 7 and Win 10
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/929833

Let me know if you have an OS other than Win8 and are having problems.

sfc /scannow has a space after sfc smile.gif

Please Note - I will not be on line after Tuesday evening for 5 days or so.

--------------------

Register Here

=================
Starbuck
Posted: Dec 27 2015, 11:52 PM

Retired Moderator

Member No.: 6

Hi skyclad,

Have you tried resetting IE.
It maybe a setting within IE that has been altered or become corrupt.

To reset IE back to the defaults.
  • Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
  • Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Internet Explorer.
  • Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
  • Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
  • Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.
  • In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
  • When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
  • Close Internet Explorer.
  • Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer.

Note:
Resetting IE shouldn't remove the 'favorites' .... but I have known this to happen on the odd occasion.
I suggest you make a backup of the 'Favorites' folder first.... just to be on the safe side.

How to Back Up Favorites in Internet Explorer

--------------------
user posted image
skyclad
Posted: Jan 21 2016, 08:45 PM

Senior-Member

Hi Starbuck..
I hope you are doing well these days!
So sorry for the delay in response back.. Since I have problems with the email notification these days, I logged in awhile back and got your instructions.. I have yet to execute those steps though due to ongoing health issues here.. Just wanted to send a quick note as to why I was not responding back to you.. Please keep this topic open, as I will take all this up once again when I'm feeling up to the task..
Take care....smile.gif
KenB
Posted: Jan 21 2016, 10:05 PM

Administrator

Hi skyclad,

I will leave the topic open.
Post back when you can.

If you get no reply within 24 hours - send me a PM

--------------------

Register Here

=================
skyclad
Posted: Aug 27 2016, 01:23 PM

Senior-Member

Hello Ken B..
I just remembered that I had a pending question with 5 Star several months ago with regard to my connection to Internet Explorer.. I am so sorry I did not get back on this issue to look into it further. My reason for not following up is that I have now downloaded Google Chrome and it works much better and faster than IE did.. For that reason I did not follow up on this topic.. My apologies.. I am thinking that I need to clear up this pending issue before getting assistance on my more current one posted yesterday.. You can go ahead and close out this particular topic..
Thanks, as always for your help!
KenB
Posted: Aug 29 2016, 09:08 AM

Administrator

Thanks for getting back.

I sent you a PM re. your other problem. smile.gif

--------------------

Register Here

=================
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Internet Explorer | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0203 seconds · Archive