Welcome to 5 Star Support a free computer help forum in association with 5starsupport.com. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

I'm amazed
Ned Seagoon
Posted: Jun 24 2016, 01:48 PM

Global Moderator

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 4

Well I have just arrived home from a holiday, and have just seen the news that the majority of Britons voted to leave the EU and the Government will put this decision into force over the next few months.

I am a Briton but have been living on the other side of the world, in Australia, since my parents migrated here when I was a child. I have visited the UK and traveled around the rest of Europe extensively some years ago.

In my book, this decision has to go down as one of the most short sighted and plainly stupid decision I have ever encountered.

I really hope I'm never in the position of saying, "I told you so", but I fear that I will be disappointed in this hope.

What's next, pull out of NATO, resign from the United Nations? Are you all going to resume painting your nether regions blue and dancing around standing stones in the nude? You might as well, backward steps seem to be the order of the day.

Now having got that off my chest, albeit without having gone into my well thought out reasoning, I'll pull my head in.

--------------------
Hello Folks
KenB
Posted: Jun 26 2016, 02:39 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi Ned,

I too am disappointed by the outcome, as are the majority of my friends.

I don't have any figures to hand - but my impression is that many of the "Out" voters were having a pop at the PM and his party. I have said all along, if he campaigned for us to leave the EU we would still be in.!! Even the Labour leader was in agreement with the PM but a large percentage of his followers voted out too.

His job isn't safe now either as a number of the Shadow Cabinet are trying to oust him.

Scotland wants a new referendum to leave the UK.

Northern Ireland may want one too to join Southern Ireland.

It is an absolute mess!!

--------------------
If you are browsing the forums and you are not a member - why not register ?
( It is totally free :) )

Register Here

If I have not replied within 24 hours feel free to send me a PM

=================
Ned Seagoon
Posted: Jul 1 2016, 09:45 AM

Global Moderator

One reprieve the world has received is that the former Lord Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, has decided not to run for election as PM of the UK.

We have had the experience in Queensland of the Lord Mayor of the Capital, Brisbane, Campbell Newman, becoming the Premier of the State. What a disaster. We got wise, finally and threw him out after one term. Now for the information of non Australians, Queensland is an Australian State, 7.6 times the size of the UK but with a population 0.07 that of the UK.

The prospect of the free world being run by Boris Johnson and Donald Trump, is a thought too frightening to contemplate. One player from that catastrophe is now out of the picture. All we need is a majority of our cousins in the US to do the right thing by our world and say "No" to Donald.

--------------------
Hello Folks
Ned Seagoon
Posted: Nov 9 2016, 09:07 AM

Global Moderator

I got that one wrong, it appears that the average US citizen is just as stupid as the average Brit.

user posted image

--------------------
Hello Folks
KenB
Posted: Nov 11 2016, 10:17 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Yep - you are not wrong Ned smile.gif

--------------------
If you are browsing the forums and you are not a member - why not register ?
( It is totally free :) )

Register Here

If I have not replied within 24 hours feel free to send me a PM

=================
Verner
Posted: Dec 6 2017, 04:07 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,962

I blame the Democrates. If they had a single half-decent candidate, Trump would have never won. Instead, the best they came up with was an old communist Bernie and crooked Hillary.
Ned Seagoon
Posted: Dec 8 2017, 06:09 PM

Global Moderator

Thanks Verner, but explain to me why you label one of the alternatives, Bernie Sanders, a Communist? Yes he does have equality as one of his platforms, something the Communists lay claim to, even though some of their greedy people stuff it up, but this is versus the US system which seems to based on greed for everyone.

I'll qualify my position, I believe in; 'From all according to ability - To all according to need' I've been called a communist for having that belief, but it's the way I lead my life, and it works for me and those I am able to assist.

Answer me this, why do many in the US call Hillary Clinton crooked? She's never been convicted of anything that I'm aware of.

--------------------
Hello Folks
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Members Lounge | Next Newest »

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0280 seconds · Archive